Mount Teide is at the top of Wimdu's list of places to visit in Tenerife in 7 days
If you have decided to spend the holiday in Tenerife this year, the island of eternal spring, and you want to know everything you can visit during a 7 days stay, today we bring you an infographic prepared by the team of Wimdu, which we are sure will be very useful.
For among the 30 proposals by Wimdu, Teide takes the first two places to make the most of a 7 days holiday in Tenerife.
It is not surprising, and we will explain why.
The Peak of Teide ranks first among the places to visit in Tenerife in 7 days
Do not stick only to the beaches of Tenerife.
The island of eternal spring has much more to offer, not just close to the sea, but overlooking the ocean and the neighbouring islands of the Canary archipelago.
Wimdu team knows that well, which is why climbing Mount Teide ranks first among the 30 proposals of things to do in Tenerife in a week.
Why is that?
The answer is simple:
- Teide is Spain's highest peak, at 3,718 m above sea level, and the third highest volcano in the world, measured from its base at the bottom of the ocean, following Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa.
- From the upper station of the Teide Cable Car there are three walking routes around the summit of Teide, with the best views in whole Tenerife. It is for you to choose which you fancy most: watching the views of the north of the island, watching the views of the south of Tenerife or being one of the few who reach Spain's highest peak every day.
- Because the views from Teide are breathtaking. At an altitude of over 3,555 m incredible views await you: the sea of clouds at your feet (if any) will make you feel like your concerns have been buried deep underneath these fluffy and playful clouds; the views of the neighbouring islands, such as El Hierro, La Gomera and La Palma will make you wish with all your heart teleportation were at last possible to hop over in just few seconds.
The Teide National Park ranks second among the 30 things to do in Tenerife in a week
You may wonder why Teide appears twice on Wimdu's list of 30 things to see and do in Tenerife.
Although Mt. Teide is a point of reference par excellence in the Teide National Park, the truth is that there is much life beyond our Cable Car.
The Teide National Park, declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO on the 28th June 2007 allows you to:
- Ascend Mount Teide by cable car to enjoy the best views in Tenerife.
- Hike on over 30 trails and enjoy the best views in Tenerife in the company and with wise explanations of a guide.
- Visit the world's largest solar observatory, located in Izaña, to discover its telescopes and the research activity carried out within it. If astronomy and more specifically the Sun attract your interest, our guided visits of the Teide Observatory are made for you.
- Watch the sunset at 3,555 m from the viewpoint of Pico Viejo, followed by a gourmet dinner and stargazing with telescopes and professional Starlight-certified guides. The most exclusive experience in whole Tenerife to watch the sunset and stars is something you can enjoy during a 7 days stay on the island.
- Take a trip to the Teide National Park: by guagua (bus) to forget about the car and enjoy the magnificent views that the island offers on the way to the volcanic paradise of Teide, with pick-ups from Santa Cruz, Puerto de la Cruz, Costa Adeje and Los Cristianos, although you can also go on a Jeep Safari tour if you prefer to feel the wind in your hair like in the adventure films.
What else can you do in 7 days in Tenerife according to Wimdu
If you wish to know which beaches deserve that you lie down on them to sunbathe like a lizard, which magical places are waiting for you to go for a trip with your camera to capture their charm, and which water parks and leisure venues are waiting for you to grace them with your presence, so that your laughter can join that of other visitors in a unique celebration of joy, make sure to download this infographic by Wimdu with 30 things to see and do in Tenerife in 7 days and extract more information from their extensive publication on the subject.
You know, if you stay in the hotel it certainly won't be because there are not enough things to do in Tenerife…
30 Things To Do In Tenerife by the team at Wimdu