Teide cable car is very easy to get to by road. Depending on your starting point on the island, there are several ways to arrive quickly and easily.
From the north of the island
- By car: Take the TF-21 highway that links La Orotava with Portillo de la Villa and crosses the entire national park; the Cable Car Station is located at km. 43 (N28º 15' 17" W16º 37' 33")
- (Guagua) Bus line 348 Puerto de La Cruz – Las Cañadas del Teide(www.titsa.com). Departure time: 09:15 h from Puerto de la Cruz, stopping at La Orotava, Montaña Blanca (for ascent to Altavista Refuge) and Teide Cable Car. Return from Teide Cable Car at 16:00 h.
From the south of the island
- Take the TF-21 highway from Vilaflor to Teide National Park, access road for tourist resorts of Playa de Las Américas and Los Cristianos.
- Take the TF-38 highway from Boca de Tauce to Chío, which links up with the TF-21.
- (Guagua) Bus Line 342 Playa de Las Américas - Las Cañadas del Teide (www.titsa.com). Departure time: 09:15 h from Las Américas, stopping at Los Cristianos (09:30 h), Teide Cable Car and Montaña Blanca (for ascent to Altavista Refuge).Return from Teide Cable Car at 15:30 h.
If you are near Santa Cruz or La Laguna
- Take the TF-24 highway from La Laguna to Portillo de la Villa (La Esperanza Road), which joins the TF-21 that leads to the lower station at km. 43.
- Santa Cruz: 64 Km
- La Laguna: 55 Km
- Puerto de la Cruz: 45 Km
- Los Gigantes: 52 Km
- Los Cristianos: 47 Km
- El Médano: 52 Km