Hiking tour to the Peak of Teide from Montaña Blanca
Ascent to Teide Peak
Join this unique adventure and reach the peak of the highest mountain in Spain. Moreover, thanks to a special permit from the Park, you can access the crater of the volcano, the views from which will leave you breathless. It is, undoubtedly, an experience catered for hiking enthusiasts. A mix of adrenaline, self-improvement, physical and mental discipline, and living nature...
Details of the route to Teide Peak
The route begins on Montaña Blanca (2,320 m) following pumice stone and lava trails with gradual inclines. After an hour and a half of hiking, the trail will begin to narrow and become steeper until reaching the Altavista Mountain Refuge (3,260 m). There we will take a rest to eat and let our bodies adapt to the pressure and climate. The hike will continue along paths of petrified lava until reaching the Cable Car station (3,550 m), where we can enjoy spectacular views of the park and the rest of the island.
From here the ascent is more difficult until reaching the crater of the volcano; this part of the hike is not recommended for people suffering from heart problems. Once we reach the peak will will be able to rest for a while and enjoy the magnificent panorama of the archipelago. We will descend to the upper station on foot and take the Cable Car to the base station (ticket not included).
* The reservation of this experience is pending confirmation until the permit to access to the crater is issued in your name. In the event that the confirmation is not possible, we will offer an alternative date or we will immediately refund the amount paid. We recommend that you don’t purchase the cable car ticket until you receive confirmation of the hiking activity.
- Reach the highest peak in Spain (3,718 m)
- Spectacular views of the National Park and the neighbouring islands
- The hike will start from Montaña Blanca until reaching the peak
- Descent by Cable Car
- A guide
- Special permit from the National Park to visit the crater
- Cable Car ticket
- Food or drinks
Approximately 8 km
- Wear warm clothing and proper footwear.
- Protect yourself from sunstroke.
- Due to the elevated luminosity, wear sunglasses.
- Take plenty of water on hikes.
- People with health problems should consult with their doctors before undertaking this hike.
- This ascent is not recommended for people with heart problems, or pregnant women, due to the risk that high altitude poses to their health. Consult your doctor before planning your visit.
We will pick you up from your hotel at the time agreed upon when you reserve the activity. If your hotel is not on the list we will call you to set up a pick-up.