Summer solstice on Mount Teide
Sum-mer. 2 syllables and you stress both. The summer is synonymous with good weather, outdoor activities, holidays and free time to enjoy nature from sunup till sundown.
That’s why you must welcome the summer solstice and we recommend doing so from the highest point in Spain: Mount Teide, whilst you enjoy the marvellous view of the sunset from one of the Cable Car viewpoints.
Do you know how spectacular the views are from the top of Mount Teide?
If the weather allows, you’ll see the spectacular views of south Tenerife from the viewpoint of Pico Viejo, with its singular crater that’s 800 m wide at your feet. You’ll spot the islands of La Palma, La Gomera and El Hierro while you toast to an epic summer with a glass of Canarian sparkling wine at sunset, an incredible sunset on the longest day of the year.
The summer solstice is the longest day of the year. It’s a very special day and so this activity is also just as special.
During the summer solstice on Mount Teide you’ll learn more about our King of the sky, the Sun, and about the summer solstice with a very interesting talk by our astronomical guides, during a key moment of the summer solstice, just before the sunset, and in a place more than magical, on the spectacular viewpoint of Pico Viejo, with views of south Tenerife.
And to finish enjoying the longest day of the year, we leave professional telescopes at your disposal so that you can welcome summer observing the Sun up close.
On the 21st June you’ll take the Cable Car before the sunset to see how the Sun places itself at the most northern point possible, creating the longest day and the shortest night of the year. You’ll observe the Sun from a privileged position: the viewpoint of Pico Viejo, with its sublime views of south Tenerife and some of the neighbouring islands, with a glass of Canarian sparkling wine in hand to toast an unbeatable summer knowing a little more about the Sun and this magical day of the year.
This activity to celebrate the summer solstice on Mount Teide includes optional transport with pick-ups from Santa Cruz and La Laguna whose service is subject to there being a minimum of 10 people.
- A magical sunset on the summer solstice with a glass of Canarian sparkling wine from one of the Cable Car viewpoints
- An exclusive observation of the Sun through a telescope
- An enlightening talk about the Sun and the summer solstice on the spectacular viewpoint of Pico Viejo
- Transfer available from Santa Cruz and La Laguna (optional)
- A glass of Canarian sparkling wine
- Cable Car tickets for the ascent and descent at sunset
- A spoken workshop and observation of the Sun through a telescope
- Transfer from Santa Cruz and La Laguna (optional)
- Wear warm clothing and proper footwear.
- This ascent is not recommended for people with heart problems, or pregnant women, due to the risk that high altitude poses to their health. Consult your doctor before planning your visit.
The meeting point to enjoy the summer solstice on Mount Teide is at the Cable Car station at 6.45pm.
The meeting point in Santa Cruz is at the Intercambiador transport interchange, to the side of the main entrance at 5.00pm.
The meeting point in La Laguna is outside the Nivaria hotel at 5.15pm.
IT IS NECESSARY TO PRODUCE A COPY OF THE BOOKING CONFIRMATION