The meeting point to enjoy the summer solstice on Mt. Teide is at the Cable Car station at 6.45pm.
The meeting point in Santa Cruz is at the Intercambiador transport interchange, to the side of the main entrance at 5.00pm.
The meeting point in La Laguna is outside the Nivaria hotel at 5.15pm
- Wear comfortable, warm clothing and proper footwear.
- People with health problems should consult with their doctors before undertaking this trip.
- Children under 8, pregnant women and people with heart problems are not allowed to participate in this activity due to the risk that high altitude poses to their health.
Children under 8, pregnant women and people with heart problems are not allowed to participate in this activity due to the risk that high altitude poses to their health.
This activity includes a 40-minute walk both ways of medium-low difficulty, therefore you must be in good physical shape.
The facilities at Teide Cable Car are not adapted to those with physical disabilities.
IT IS NECESSARY TO PRODUCE A COPY OF THE BOOKING CONFIRMATION
You may cancel free of charge up to 4pm on the day prior to the activity day. Any changes or cancellations made after 4pm on the day prior to the activity day or on the same day of the activity will be charged a cancellation charge of €30.00.
If the Cable Car cannot operate due to adverse weather conditions, the sunset shall be enjoyed from the Chío viewpoint or similar, and we will give you a refund of the price of the cable car return ticket at the following rates: €27.00 to non-residents and €13.50 to residents.
The Teide Cable Car base station has a free car park with 220 parking spaces. The car park is open from 8.00am to 6.00pm.
The base station’s facilities include an information centre and a shop.
There are public toilets at the Teide Cable Car’s base station.
In case of discount tickets for children or local residents, a supporting document is required to prove entitlement to discount.
Where to find us
Street: TF-I motorway, km 43 - Teide National Park
Postal code: 38300 Municipality: La Orotava
Teide Cable Car is well connected by roads, and can be easily reached from any point of the island.
If you are in the northern part of the island
- Take the TF-21 motorway which connects La Orotava with El Portillo de la Villa and crosses the Teide National Park. The Cable Car is at km 43. (N28º 15' 17" W16º 37' 33")
- Take the TF-23 motorway from Boca de Tauce to Chío, which connects with TF-21.
- Titsa bus (guagua), Route 348 Puerto de La Cruz – Las Cañadas del Teide. Departure times: 9.15am from Puerto de la Cruz, with stops in La Orotava, Montaña Blanca (trail to the Altavista Mountain Refuge) and Teide Cable Car, and return from the Teide Cable Car departing at 4.00pm.
If you are in the southern part of the island
- Take the TF-21 motorway from Vilaflor to Teide National Park, the route of access for the tourist areas of Playa de Américas and Los Cristianos.
- Titsa bus (guagua), Route 342 Playa de Las Américas - Las Cañadas del Teide. Departure times: 9.15am from Las Américas, with stops in Los Cristianos (9.30am), Teide Cable Car and Montaña Blanca (ascent on foot to the Altavista Refuge). Return from the Teide Cable Car departing at 3.30pm.
If you are close to Santa Cruz or La Laguna
- Take the TF-24 motorway from La Laguna to Portillo de la Villa (La Esperanza Motorway), which connects with TF-21 that will take you to the base station of the cable car at km 43.
Mt. Teide is approximately an hour’s drive from any point on the island.
- Santa Cruz: 64 km
- La Laguna: 55 km
- Puerto de la Cruz: 45 km
- Los Gigantes: 52 km
- Los Cristianos: 47 km