Teide Cable Car
Teide National Park
The largest National Park in the Canary Islands allows you to behold a volcanic landscape of unparalleled beauty. Daybreak and sunset are moments of great beauty in the park and when night falls it becomes one of the best places on the planet to stargaze. The changing seasons offer indescribable spectacles, with explosions of colour from Teide white broom or Teide bugloss in springtime and the snows that cover the volcano in winter.
Teide Cable Car
The upper station of Teide Cable Car is the point of departure for three interesting trails for hiking enthusiasts: Pico Viejo and La Fortaleza provide spectacular views of the south and north of the island, respectively. The ascent to the peak leads to the highest point of the volcano at an altitude of 3,718 m, the highest peak in Spain. To access the peak you must apply for a permit at www.reservasparquesnacionales.es
Avoid queues by buying online, through your travel agency or hotel using our new advance booking system that allows you to book your boarding time for a specific date.
Booking confirmations other than those issued by our advance booking system are not "Online Ticket" and thus do not allow to benefit from any of its advantages.
System of assignment of sessions at the ticket office
Passengers who have not bought their Online Ticket online will be assigned, when buying their tickets or redeeming their vouchers at the ticket office, one of the daily sessions available. This way, while waiting for boarding, you can use spare time to do one of these 8 exciting activities, before you arrive at the point of access to the boarding area 10 minutes prior to the assigned boarding session:
- Relax in our waiting room including an information centre, a TV, air conditioning, free Wi-Fi, and vending machines, and boasting breathtaking views of the National Park.
- Visit the shop “La Casa de los Balcones” to pick up some souvenirs of your stay.
- Visit the café bar for a drink before the ascent.
- Visit Roques de García: TF-21, at km 46. Distance from the Teide Cable Car’s base station: 2 km. Walk a 30-minute circular route (Trail No. 3).
- Visit Minas de San José: TF-2, at km 38. Distance from the Teide Cable Car’s base station: 5 km.
- Visit the Visitor Centre: TF-21, at km 32. Distance from the Teide Cable Car’s base station: 11 km.
- Visit the Teide Observatory: Combined tickets are available at special prices at the Teide Cable Car’s ticket office. TF-24, at km 38. Distance from the Teide Cable Car’s base station: 16 km.
- Walking routes in the vicinity of the Teide Cable Car: No. 19 (Majuá) and No. 16 (Chavao)
Cable Car with transportation from Costa Adeje and Los Cristianos
On Wednesdays and Sundays we offer a transfer service from Costa Adeje and Los Cristianos at the following times and pick-up points:
- Riu Arecas bus stop: Wednesdays at 9.00am and Sundays at 8.00am
- Isla Bonita bus stop: Wednesdays at 9.10am and Sundays at 8.10am
- Los Hibiscos bus stop: Wednesdays at 9.15am and Sundays at 8.15am
- Olé Tropical bus stop: Wednesdays at 9.20am and Sundays at 8.20am
- Best Tenerife bus stop: Wednesdays at 9.25am and Sundays at 8.25am
- Tryp Tenerife Princesa Dácil bus stop: Wednesdays at 9.35am and Sundays at 8.35am
- Arrival at Teide Cable Car: Wednesdays at 11.05am and Sundays at 10.05am
- Departure from Teide Cable Car: Wednesdays at 2.15pm and Sundays at 1.15pm
It is necessary to specify the hotel you are staying at when making your reservation so that we can assign a pick-up point and time to you.
Please note that a minimum of 4 participants is required to provide the transfer service.
Buy a Guidebook for the ascent of Mount Teide with a discount of €2.00 and/or an audio guide with a discount of €1.00 by checking the corresponding option during the purchase process of your ascent and descent tickets for the Teide Cable Car.
In order to receive an audio guide it is necessary to leave your passport/ID card or a deposit of €50.00 which will be returned to you when you return the audio guide.
The audio guides are available in the following languages: English, German, Spanish, French and Russian.
- Ascend the highest peak in Spain by Cable Car
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Park
- Choose from three trails available to walk on the heights
- Fast access to the Teide Cable Car’s waiting room without queuing
- Permit to ascend the peak of Teide
- A guide
- From 9.00am to 5.00pm
Restaurant / Café:
Teide Cable Car is located within a protected national park and therefore we must follow a series of basic rules of civic behaviour and respect of the natural environment, such as not littering or taking rocks, plants or animals. It is prohibited to make fire, loud noises or to camp.
This ascent is not recommended for people with heart problems, pregnant women, or children under 2 due to the risk that high altitude poses to their health. Consult your doctor before planning your visit.
In case of discount tickets for children or local residents, a supporting document is required to prove entitlement to discount.
How to dress:
When visiting the volcano we recommend using appropriate clothes and footwear which will allow you to walk on rocky terrain and protect you from changes in temperature.
You should be prepared for extremes in weather, both heat as well as cold, depending on the time of year.
The trails are the best way to move around the volcano and you should stay on them. Of the three routes, No. 10, No. 11 and No. 12, only the route No. 10 leading to Teide Peak requires a free permit from the Teide National Park's administration, which can be requested on-line at www.reservasparquesnacionales.es. Remember that this permit must be applied for with enough time before your visit, so if you wish to visit the peak the first thing you should do is make sure there are available reservations.
- Wear warm clothing and proper footwear.
- Protect yourself from sunstroke.
- Due to the elevated luminosity, wear sunglasses.
- Take plenty of water on hikes.
- People with health problems should consult with their doctors before undertaking this activity.
- This activity is not recommended for people with breathing or heart problems, infants under 2 years of age, or pregnant women.
Street: Carretera TF-I, km 40.2 - Teide National Park
Postal Code: 38300 Municipality: La Orotava
How to get there:
Teide Cable Car is well connected by roads, and can be easily reached from any point of the island.
If you are in the northern part of the island
- Take the TF-21 highway which connects La Orotava with El Portillo de la Villa and crosses the Teide National Park. The Cable Car is at km 43. (N28º 15' 17" W16º 37' 33")
- Take the TF-23 highway from Boca de Tauce to Chío, which connects with TF-21.
- Bus Line 348 Puerto de La Cruz – Las Cañadas del Teide (www.titsa.com). Departure times: 9.15am from Puerto de la Cruz, with stops in La Orotava, Montaña Blanca (trail to the Altavista Mountain Refuge) and Teide Cable Car, and return from the Teide Cable Car departing at 4.00pm.
If you are in the southern part of the island
- Use our transportation service
- Take the TF-21 highway from Vilaflor to Teide National Park, the route of access for the tourist areas of Playa de Américas and Los Cristianos.
- Bus Line 342 Playa de Las Américas - Las Cañadas del Teide (www.titsa.com). Departure times: 9.15am from Las Américas, with a stop in Los Cristianos (at 9.30am), Teide Cable Car and Montaña Blanca (trail to the Altavista Mountain Refuge), and return from the cable car departing at 3.30pm.
If you are close to Santa Cruz or La Laguna.
- Take the TF-24 highway from La Laguna to Portillo de la Villa (La Esperanza Highway), which connects with TF-21 that will take you to the base station of the cable car at km 43
- Santa Cruz: 64 km
- La Laguna: 55 km
- Puerto de la Cruz: 45 km
- Los Gigantes: 52 km
- Los Cristianos: 47 km
- El Médano: 52 km