Ascent to the Peak by Cable Car
Have you dreamt of conquering the highest peak of Spain for a while? Are you looking to finally have the unique and amazing experience that your friends who have already done it been telling you about?
With the ascent to the peak by cable car you can realise your 3,718 m high dream.
Thanks to the Teide cable car, after an approximate hour walk, you will enjoy like never before taking in the stunning views over the summits of Tenerife’s neighbouring islands – La Gomera, El Hierro, La Palma and Gran Canaria from the highest point in Spain (weather permitting).
Conquer the Teide summit and live your dream
Dreams are only dreams up until the point when you suddenly make them come true.
Make your dreams a reality and and hike up to the highest point in Spain without worrying about applying for the permit to access the Teide crater because it is already included in the ascent to Teide by Cable Car, so that you can access Teide crater and enjoy the sensational views at 3,718 m high without worrying about a thing*!
Feel the mix of sensations that only conquering the Teide summit can give hiking enthusiasts and nature lovers – adrenaline, personal accomplishment and physical and mental control.
Achieve your desire to conquer Mount Teide with comfort in our cable cars
Hiking to the Teide summit with the cable car is perfect if you are short of time or energy to embark on this adventure from the starting point of the trail at Montaña Blanca.
Use the Teide cable car to cover the 1,999 m ascent from the base to the upper station, situated at an altitude of 3,555 m, which marks the spot of the start of Teide National Park’s thrilling hiking route Nr. 10, the Telesforo Bravo trail. This trail will bring you to the impressive Teide crater for you all to enjoy one of the world’s most spectacular landscapes.
*Please be aware that we cannot confirm your reservation of the activity Ascent to Teide by Cable Car until we have issued the access pass to the crater in your name.
If we are unable to confirm your reservation, we will offer you an alternative date or a refund of the amount paid.
- Live your dream of reaching the highest summit in Spain (3,718 m)
- Access the crater with a special permit from the National Park
- Enjoy spectacular views of the park and the neighbouring Canary Islands
- Ascend and descend comfortably by cable car
- Special permit from the Park for the trail to the peak of Mt. Teide
- A guide to help you unravel the mysteries of the volcano
- Cable Car ticket
- Transfer from the northern and southern parts of the island (optional)
- Food and drinks
In case of discount tickets for children or local residents, a supporting document is required to prove entitlement to discount.
Changes and cancellations:
- In the event that the trail to the summit is closed or the cable car cannot operate on the day of the excursion due to reasons beyond our control, adverse weather conditions or cable car failure, an alternative excursion* shall be arranged and the amount corresponding to the price of the cable car ticket shall be reimbursed.
- Check our Terms and conditions for information on other reasons for cancellation.
*ROQUES DE GARCÍA TRAIL:
End: La Ruleta viewpoint.
Duration: approx. 2.5 hours.
Distance: 3.5 km.
Los Roques are the remnants of an ancient volcano. It is an alignment of ditches, pitons and piles of various volcanic materials. It constitutes the division between the two semicalderas into which the vast caldera of Las Cañadas is divided.
This low-difficulty circular route with a maximum descent gradient of 215 m starts and ends at the viewpoint of La Ruleta, runs around Los Roques on its first stretch through the northeastern caldera, then descends into the southwestern one.
During the two-and-a-half-hour activity, you will walk 3.5 km over volcanic landscape accompanied by your specialist guide every step of the way. Your expert guide will inform you, through your headphones, on every inch of this iconic, volcanic landscape, whose image used to appear on the now extinct 1,000 peseta notes, quenching your curiosity.
Teide Cable Car facilities are perfectly equipped, including a shop, a café and a waiting room with Wi-Fi, among others, so that you can enjoy while you stay here.
The base station
The base station is perfectly accessible by road. It is located at an altitude of 2,356 m above sea level.
Its modern facilities include two cars with a capacity for a maximum of 44 passengers. The ride up to the summit lasts 8 minutes.
The views from the base station allow you to behold the spectacular peaks surrounding the Teide volcano.
The base station offers visitors a relaxation area, café and buffet restaurant with impressive views over Teide National Park as well as a souvenir shop and public toilets. This is also the perfect place to find out about the different routes and trails you can do from the upper station.
The upper station
The Teide Cable Car upper station is the starting point of three spectacular trails at the summit of Mount Teide , which are directly accessible from a small hall from where you can walk outside. It has Wi-Fi, toilets and the highest public telephone in all of Spain.
Although there is not a café in the upper station, you will have vending machines at your disposal with drinks and non-perishable food such as snacks.
We recommend that you come prepared for all weather conditions since the upper station is at an altitude of 3,555 m.
Pick-up points and hours:
If your hike to Teide with the Cable Car includes our transfer service, we will contact you to organise your pick up.
If you are making your own way here, the meeting point is at 9.15am in front of the shop ‘La Casa de los Balcones’, which is next to the cable car ticket office in the base station. Please meet your guide outside.
The Teide Cable Car base station has a free car park with 220 parking spaces, where you can park your vehicle between 8am and 6pm.
There is an information centre and a shop at the Teide Cable Car’s base station.
Restaurant / Café:
At the base station you can find a relaxation area, café and buffet restaurant with impressive views over Teide National Park.
There are public toilets at the Teide Cable Car’s base station.
Prepare for your visit:
To make the most of your hiking activity to ascend to the peak of Teide with the Cable Car, please follow our recommendations:
- Wear warm, comfortable clothing and proper footwear.
- Due to the elevated luminosity, wear sunglasses.
- Take plenty of water on hikes.
Remember that since the Teide Cable Car facilities are located within a protected national park, you must follow a series of basic rules of civic behaviour and respect of the natural environment.
For this reason please do not litter or take rocks, plants or animals and do not camp, make fire or loud noises.
- Children under 6 and pregnant women cannot participate in this activity to hike up to the Teide summit with the Teide Cable Car.
- The ascent to the Peak by Cable Car is not recommended for people with heart problems, reduced mobility or injuries.
- If you have health problems, you should consult with your doctor before undertaking this hike.
We will pick you up from your hotel at the time agreed upon when you reserve the activity. If your hotel is not on the list we will contact you to set up a pick-up.
If there is no pick-up the meeting time and place will be at 9.15am at the ticket office of the Cable Car station.
If you are in the northern part of the island
- Take the TF-21 motorway which connects La Orotava with El Portillo de la Villa and crosses the Teide National Park. The Cable Car is at km 43. (N28º 15' 17" W16º 37' 33")
- Take the TF-23 motorway from Boca de Tauce to Chío, which connects with TF-21.
- Titsa bus, Route 348 Puerto de La Cruz – Las Cañadas del Teide. Departure times: 9.15am from Puerto de la Cruz, with stops in La Orotava, Montaña Blanca (trail to the Altavista Mountain Refuge) and Teide Cable Car, and return from the Teide Cable Car departing at 4.00pm.
If you are in the southern part of the island
- Take the TF-21 motorway from Vilaflor to Teide National Park, the route of access for the tourist areas of Playa de Américas and Los Cristianos.
- Titsa bus (guagua), Route 342 Playa de Las Américas - Las Cañadas del Teide. Departure times: 9.15am from Las Américas, with stops in Los Cristianos (9.30am), Teide Cable Car and Montaña Blanca (ascent on foot to the Altavista Refuge). Return from the Teide Cable Car departing at 3.30pm.
If you are close to Santa Cruz or La Laguna.
- Take the TF-24 motorway from La Laguna to Portillo de la Villa (La Esperanza Motorway), which connects with TF-21 that will take you to the base station of the cable car at km 43.
Distances: Mt. Teide is approximately an hour’s drive from any point on the island.
- Santa Cruz: 64 km
- La Laguna: 55 km
- Puerto de la Cruz: 45 km
- Los Gigantes: 52 km
- Los Cristianos: 47 km