Hiking Teide with Cable Car
Ascent to Teide Peak
Join this unique adventure and reach the peak of the highest mountain in Spain. Moreover, thanks to a special permit from the Park, you can access the crater of the volcano, the views from which will leave you breathless. It is, undoubtedly, an experience catered for hiking enthusiasts. A mix of adrenaline, self-improvement, physical and mental discipline, and living nature...
Teide Cable Car
A visit to the summit of Mt Teide by cable car offers a great view of the spectacular landscape of the Canary Islands’ largest national park.
The base station is perfectly accessible by road and is located at 2,356 m above sea level. Its modern facilities include two cars with a capacity of a maximum of 44 passengers. The cars take 8 minutes to reach the summit. The views from the base station allow you to take in the spectacular peaks surrounding the Teide volcano.
The upper station is located at an altitude of 3,555 m and is the starting point:
- Teide Crater Route (Telesforo Bravo, No. 10), which will lead you to the highest summit in Spain, where you will enjoy one of the most spectacular landscapes in the world. On clear days it is possible to see from the summit the profile of the nearby islands, such as La Gomera, El Hierro, La Palma and Gran Canaria. The hike lasts approximately one hour.
* The reservation of this experience is pending confirmation until the permit to access to the crater is issued in your name. In the event that the confirmation is not possible, we will offer an alternative date or we will immediately refund the amount paid. We recommend that you don’t purchase the cable car ticket until you receive confirmation of the hiking activity.
- Reach the highest peak in Spain (3,718 m)
- Special permit from the Park to ascend to the crater
- Spectacular views of the National Park and the neighbouring islands
- Ascent and descent by Cable Car
- Special permit from the National Park to visit the crater
- A guide
- Pick-ups from the northern and southern parts of the island
- Cable Car ticket (€27.00)
- In the event that the cable car has to close on the day of the excursion due to reasons beyond our control, adverse weather conditions or failure of the cable car facilities, an alternative excursion will be arranged and there will be no refund of the amount paid by the user for the excursion; the amount corresponding to the price of the cable car ticket will be reimbursed.
- Alternative excursion for departures from the north of the island and without pick-ups:
End: Los Tajinastes del Valle Ucanca viewpoint
Duration: approx. 2 hours.
Distance: 4 km.
Maximum gradient: 200 m.
Los Roques is an alignment of ditches, pitons and piles of various volcanic materials. It constitutes the division between the two semicalderas into which the vast caldera of Las Cañadas is divided. The route runs around Los Roques on its first stretch through the northeastern caldera, then descends into the southwestern one.
- Alternative excursion for departures from the south of the island:
- For children under 6, please consult us.
- Wear warm clothing and proper footwear.
- Protect yourself from sunstroke.
- Due to the elevated luminosity, wear sunglasses.
- Take plenty of water on hikes.
- People with health problems should consult with their doctors before undertaking this hike.
- This activity is not recommended for people with heart problems, or pregnant women.
We will pick you up from your hotel at the time agreed upon when you reserve the activity. If your hotel is not on the list we will call you to set up a pick-up.
If there is no pick-up the meeting time and place will be at 9.15am at the ticket office of the Cable Car station.