Terms and conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ON-LINE PURCHASE
- OWNERSHIP OF THE WEBSITE
TELEFERICO DEL PICO DE TEIDE, S.A. (hereinafter referred to as Teide Cable Car), a Spanish company with the company tax code no. A-38002549, the registered office at Calle San Francisco 5, 4º, 38301, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands, incorporated on the 12th August 1960 with the Register of Companies of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Page 15, Folio 174, Book 1 of Section 3, is the owner of the Website www.volcanoteide.com (hereinafter, the Website), which is made available to internet Users with the purpose of providing them with information on products and offers of the Cable Car as well as of enabling the purchase of tickets through the different Website services.
Customer service: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Conditions of On-Line Purchase shall expressly govern the relations arising between TEIDE CABLE CAR and the Users who order the services or products offered on the Website.
These Conditions of Purchase have been drawn up in accordance with the provisions of the Spanish Law 34/2002 on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce, Law 7/1998 on General Conditions of Contract, the Royal Decree 1906/1999, regulating the telephone and electronic contracting by means of general terms and conditions as set out in Article 5.3 of the Law 7/1998, the Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007 of 16 November 2007, approving the consolidated text of the Spanish General Law for the Protection of Consumers and Users and other complementary laws, the Law 7/1996 on Retail Trade, the Royal Decree-Law 14/1999, regulating the Electronic Signature, and any other legal provision that may be applicable.
This document is accessible at all times in the On-Line Purchase section of the TEIDE CABLE CAR Website and can be printed and stored by the User.
- PRE-CONTRACTUAL INFORMATION
These Conditions of On-Line Purchase aim to govern the general conditions for the provision of the services offered by TEIDE CABLE CAR through the website www.volcanoteide.com. The services which are currently provided by TEIDE CABLE CAR and which are the subject of the contract with Users are the services relating to the sale of certain types of tickets for the Teide Cable Car itself, the Altavista Mountain Refuge and the different excursions that the company offers to our Users as well as, where appropriate, other products and services offered on the Website.
The products and services offered by TEIDE CABLE CAR can be acquired by any User residing in Spain or in another Member State of the European Union or of the European Economic Area, as well as by Users residing in a state that is not member of the European Union or the European Economic Area, but to whom Spanish law applies.
The sale service of TEIDE CABLE CAR tickets as well as of any other product offered through our Websites is set up for valuable consideration, and the price of each product—including taxes—is displayed on the Website at any given time.
Access to the information contained on our Websites is not subject to any kind of payment.
The User understands that the information contained on our Websites, including general information about the catalogue of services as well as of other products offered on the Websites, and the General Conditions of On-Line Purchase and performance of the contract, is sufficient to exclude any error in the consent thereof.
In order to proceed to using the different services offered on the Websites, the User must follow all the directions and instructions displayed on the screen at each step of the purchase process, providing to this end, the information required in the forms set on the Websites, which will imply prior reading and acceptance of all the General Conditions of On-Line Purchase set out therein; the User acknowledges hereby knowing and accepting the aforementioned procedures as necessary in order to access the products and services offered on the Website.
The User will finalise the purchase process after having completed all phases thereof, electronically sent the purchase order and fulfilled the obligation of payment through one of the different methods available, either by “credit card” or using the “Paypal” system.
These General Conditions of On-Line Purchase will become part of the contract at the time of the User’s express acceptance, evidenced by completing and sending the data entered during the purchase process.
The use of any of the Website’s services implies the unreserved acceptance by the User of each and every one of the General Conditions of Use of the Websites as well as of the General Conditions of On-Line Purchase and, where appropriate, of the Specific Conditions of Purchase which are made available to the User prior to the completion of the purchase process, and which govern the acquisition of the tickets as well as the acquisition of all the other products and services offered on the Website.
1.2. Documentation and language
These General Conditions of On-Line Purchase are accessible at all times during on-line shopping on the TEIDE CABLE CAR Website and can be printed and stored by the User.
In case of the acquisition of products, upon the completion of the purchase process, the User will receive by e-mail a Simplified Invoice (Ticket or Voucher) for the purchase made with a valid bar code, which shall be exchanged for tickets on the premises and/or give access to the activity reserved.
The User may not exercise the right of withdrawal, since one of the legally recognised exceptions, set out in Article 103.a of the consolidated text of the Spanish General Law for the Protection of Consumers and Users (TRLGDCU), applies in this case. The ticket or voucher (simplified invoice) acquired through the Website will be valid for use on the time and date reserved. Once the purchase process enabled on the Website has been completed and the Ticket or Voucher (simplified invoice) has been issued, no refunds will be allowed.
In any case, the following specifications shall apply to changes on the purchases made:
- The tickets purchased for the Teide Cable Car shall remain valid for a period of one year, from the session and hour following the session and hour at which you have not used your ticket, provided that there are seats available. If the ticket is changed for another at a higher fare, any price difference will be payable at the time of its use, at the ticket office in the facilities of Teide Cable Car and/or at the point of access. In order to modify the date and time of your unused ticket, please call the number (+34) 922 010 440.
- The Altavista Mountain Refuge reservations may be changed up to seven days prior to the date of arrival, the booking rate remaining unchanged, exclusively by phone, thereby requiring the identification of the buyer. Passed that period, no changes will be allowed. In no case shall the changes imply the refund of the amount paid. Failure to use the ticket on the time and date reserved implies loss of the User’s rights.
- Purchases of any of the products included in the activities (i) Guided visit of the Observatory, (ii) Sunset and stars on Teide, (iii) Cable Car at sunset, and (iv) Stargazing with telescopes may be changed up to 4 days prior to the start of the activity by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, enclosing, in any case, a proof of purchase of the activity.
- Purchases of any of the products included in the activities (v) Hiking Teide with Cable Car, (vi) Hiking to Teide Peak from Montaña Blanca, and (vii) VIP excursion to Teide Peak may be changed up to 7 days prior to the start of the activity by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, enclosing, in any case, a proof of purchase of the activity.
- Purchases of the remaining activities, not specified in the above paragraphs, may be changed up to 5 days prior to the start of the activity by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, enclosing, in any case, a proof of purchase of the activity.
- Cancellation charges.
- In case of cancellation by the User of the services purchased for the activities (i) Guided visit of the Observatory, (ii) Sunset and stars on Teide, (iii) Cable Car at sunset, (iv) Stargazing with telescopes, the charges will be as follows:
- Up to 4 working days before the start of the activity: full refund.
- Between 3 and 0 days before the start of the activity or in case of User’s no-show at the meeting point: no refund will be made.
- In case of cancellation by the User of the services purchased for the activities (v) Hiking Teide with Cable Car, (vi) Hiking to Teide Peak from Montaña Blanca and (vii) VIP excursion to Teide Peak, the charges will be as follows:
- Up to 7 working days before the start of the activity: full refund.
- Between 6 and 0 days before the start of the activity or in case of User’s no-show at the meeting point: no refund will be made.
- The User reserves the right to prove that the supplier has suffered losses arising from the cancellation to a lesser extent than stated in these regulations.
- The refund shall be made within 20 working days to the same credit card that the purchase was made on.
- Shall there be not enough funds on the credit card prior to the provision of the service reserved or shall the payment for said service be returned, the reservation will be deemed cancelled and, consequently, cancellation charges will apply. We reserve the right to claim further damages.
If you subscribe to special discounts, it is necessary that you carry valid supporting documents (Teide Table Car: local residents and children under the age of 14; Excursions offered by Volcano Teide: adults over the age of 65 or seniors, children under the age of 14 and local residents; The Altavista Mountain Refuge: federated mountaineers). If you fail to certify the condition that entitles you to discount, you must pay the price difference at the ticket office or the indicated place in order to access the service purchased.
In case of the acquisition of any of the products or services offered on the Websites other than tickets, the User will also receive a simplified invoice (Ticket or Voucher) by e-mail. Likewise, the Websites will notify the User of the Specific Conditions of Purchase of the products or services in question prior to the purchase process.
All requirements for providing a document serving as invoice shall be considered fulfilled with the issuance of the simplified invoice (Ticket or Voucher), in compliance with the Royal Decree 1073/2014 of 19 December 2014, amending, among others, the Regulation governing the invoicing obligations, approved by the Royal Decree 1619/2012 of 30 November 2012.
These General Conditions of On-Line Purchase have been originally drawn up in Spanish. In the event of any dispute, the original version shall prevail over this translation.
1.3. Technical means
The Websites shall make available to the User all the technical means necessary to track and correct errors in the data entered in the different forms that are displayed on the screen during the process of purchase.
1.4. Modification of the General Conditions of On-Line Purchase
TEIDE CABLE CAR reserves the right to modify at any time these General Conditions of On-Line Purchase or, where appropriate, the Specific Conditions of Purchase that may apply, as well as any other general or specific terms, regulations of use or notices that may apply. The duty to notify Users shall be considered fulfilled by modifying the General Conditions set out on the TEIDE CABLE CAR Websites.
In any case, it will always be possible to read, prior to buying products or services, the General Conditions of On-Line Purchase and, where appropriate, the Specific Conditions of Purchase that may apply. Also, TEIDE CABLE CAR reserves the right to modify at any time the display, settings and location of the Website, as well as the contents and conditions of use thereof.
- PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
Personal information that the User enters on the website and any other data generated afterwards as a result of their relationship with us will be incorporated into files of which Teleférico del Pico de Teide, S.A., having its registered office at Calle San Francisco 5, 4º, 38301 Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands, is responsible. The data will be processed for the purpose of development, maintenance and control of the relationship between the User and us and, in particular, to process the purchase of tickets or other products as well as the requests that the User may ask of us and to maintain communication in order to improve our services and for statistical purposes.
To exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition in the terms established by law, please send a written request to the company responsible for the files, enclosing a copy of your identity document.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 14, WE NEED THE CONSENT OF YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS.
In order to obtain it, we will contact them and ask them to confirm that they are your mother, father or legal guardians and that they grant their consent, which is when we will be able to accept your request.
APPLICABLE LAW. JURISDICTION
These General Conditions of On-Line Purchase and, where appropriate, the Specific Conditions of Purchase that may apply, shall be governed by the Spanish law, which applies in matters not provided for in this contract regarding the interpretation, validity and execution thereof.
The parties may choose to submit the resolution of any dispute to the Courts of the User’s domicile and thereby expressly waive any other jurisdiction.