WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small files that store information that is installed on your browser or device. This information is stored for your future visits to TELEFERICO DEL PICO DE TEIDE, S.A., since it registers the User’s activity whilst they are browsing (e.g., date of the last visit, browsing preferences, collection of anonymous statistic information, etc.). It is used to improve the User’s navigation.
- Ensure that the web pages function correctly.
- Store your preferences, such as the language that you have selected or the font size.
- Get to know your browsing history and show you personalised contents.
- Gather anonymous statistical information, such as which pages you have visited or how long you have remained on our website.
TYPES OF COOKIES:
- Types of cookies according to the company that manages the device or domain from which the cookies are sent and that processes the data obtained:
- First party cookies:they are cookies sent to the User’s terminal equipment from a device or domain that is managed by the website’s publisher and from which the service requested by the User is provided (Cookies that are installed on the User’s device or browser and that are managed by TELEFERICO DEL PICO DE TEIDE, S.A.).
- Third party cookies:they are cookies sent to the User’s terminal equipment from a device or domain that is not managed by the website’s publisher, but by another company that processes the data obtained through cookies (Cookies that are installed on the User’s device or browser and that are managed by a company different from TELEFERICO DEL PICO DE TEIDE, S.A., for example, Google).
- Types of cookies depending on the period of time they remain active on the terminal equipment:
- Session cookies:they are a type of cookie designed to collect and store data whilst the User accesses a website. They are usually used to store information which is only worth retaining to provide the service requested by the User on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased). They expire when the User closes the browser.
- Persistent cookies:they are a type of cookie which continues to store information in the terminal equipment and allows for the data to be accessed and processed during a period of time, defined by the company responsible for the cookie and ranging from a few minutes to several years. Unless deleted manually, they expire on the date set for the fulfilment of their purpose.
- Types of cookies according to their purpose:
- Technical or performance cookies: they are cookies that allow the User to browse through a website, web platform or application and use the different options or services enabled therein, such as for example, controlling the traffic and communication of data, identifying the session, logging in as a user, accessing website’s restricted areas, keeping record of the elements of an order placed, completing the process of purchase, filing a request for registration or participation in an event, using security features during navigation, storing contents for video or audio diffusion or sharing contents through social networks. This type of cookie remembers your preferences for the tools found in the Services so that you do not need to reconfigure the service every time you visit us.
- Customisation or geo-location cookies: they are cookies that allow the User to access a service with some predefined general features, based on a number of criteria on the User’s terminal equipment, such as for example, the language, the type of browser through which they access the service or the regional configuration from where they access the service, in order to identify the country they are in when requesting a Service. This Cookie is completely anonymous and it is only used to help orientate the content to the User’s location. It serves to keep the User identified so that if you close a Service, browser or the computer and re-enter said Service at another time or on another day, you will continue to be identified, which makes your navigation easier by avoiding the need to identify yourself again. The User can suspend this functionality by clicking “Log out”, thereby deleting this Cookie, so that the next time you enter said Service, you will have to log in again in order to get identified. In addition, some Services may use connectors with social networks such as Facebook or Twitter. When registering with a service using credentials to log in to a social network, the User authorises the social network to place a persistent Cookie that remembers their identity and guarantees access to the Services until the cookie expires. The User can remove this Cookie and revoke access to the Services through social networks by updating their preferences on the social network in question.
- Analytic cookies: they are cookies that allow the company responsible for them to track and analyse the behaviour of the Users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity on websites, web platforms or applications and to establish profiles of the Users who browse said websites, applications and web platforms, with the aim of making improvements based on the analysis of the data on the use those Users make of the service. It registers, for example, the origin of the visit, the users that have visited the site or the day and time of the visit.
- Advertising cookies: they are cookies that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that the publisher, where appropriate, has included in a website, application or web platform through which the requested service is provided, on the basis of criteria such as the content edited or the frequency with which the advertisements are displayed. In order to enable displaying TELEFERICO DEL PICO DE TEIDE, S.A. advertisements on other websites both our cookies and cookies placed by third parties are used.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: they are cookies that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that the publisher, where appropriate, has included in a website, application or web platform through which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on User’s behaviour obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows to establish specific profiles in order to display targeted advertisements tailored to a user’s particular profile.
We use the following Cookies on this website:
- Our cookies: they are used to identify the User’s session and to customise necessary elements (the cookies policy notice itself requires cookies to know if the User has ticked it less than a year ago or not).
In the case of third party cookies, the procedures are managed and controlled exclusively by each provider.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES IN THE BROWSER?
You can allow, block or remove cookies set by www.volcanoteide.com on your device by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer We provide the links to the main browsers and devices below so that you have all the information in order to learn how to manage the Cookies in your browser.
You can consult the steps to disable the installation of cookies in the website’s “Help” sections of each browser here:
- Internet Explorer: Tools → Internet Options → Privacy → For more information, please consult Microsoft support or the browser’s Help section.
- Firefox: Tools → Options → Privacy → History → Custom Settings. For more information, please consult Mozilla support or the browser’s Help section.
- Chrome: Settings → Show advanced settings → Privacy → Content settings. For more information, please consult Google support or the browser’s Help section.
- Safari: Preferences → For more information, please consult Apple support or the browser’s Help section.