VIP ascent to the Peak by Cable Car
Have you and your friends dreamt of conquering the highest peak of Spain for a while? Are you looking to finally have the unique and amazing experience that your friends who have already done it been telling you about?
With the VIP hike to the peak and cable car package you can realise your 3,718m high dream.
Thanks to the Teide cable car, you will enjoy a truly unforgettable experience.
After an approximate hour walk, together, you and your group can enjoy the stunning views over the summits of Tenerife’s neighbouring islands – La Gomera, El Hierro, La Palma and Gran Canaria from the highest point in Spain (weather permitting).
Conquer the Teide summit and live your dream
Dreams are only dreams up until the point when suddenly you do whatever necessary to make them come true.
Make your dreams a reality and and hike up to the highest point in Spain without worrying about applying for the permit to access the Teide crater because it is already included in the VIP ascent to Teide by Cable Car. Thanks to the VIP hike and cable car package, for exclusive groups, you can access Teide crater as well as enjoy the sensational views at 3,718 m high without worrying about a thing*!
The time has come for you lovers of hiking and nature to make this sublime experience happen with your friends!
Feel the mix of sensations that conquering the Teide summit gives you – adrenaline, personal accomplishment and physical and mental control.
Achieve your desire to conquer Mount Teide with comfort in our cable cars
Hiking to the Teide summit with the VIP cable car package is perfect if you are short of time or energy to embark on this adventure from the starting point of the trail at Montaña Blanca.
Use the Teide cable car to cover the 1,999 m ascent from the base to the upper station, situated at an altitude of 3,555 m, which marks the spot of the start of Teide National Park’s thrilling hiking route Nr. 10, the Telesforo Bravo trail. This trail will bring you and your friends to the impressive Teide crater for you all to enjoy and marvel at. From here, as you have always imagined, you will be faced with one of the world’s most spectacular landscapes.
*Please be aware that we cannot confirm your VIP hike to Teide and cable car package reservation until we have issued named access passes to the crater for each member of your group.
Moreover, due to the way the National Park’s permit issuing system works, if you book this activity, you won’t be able to cancel it under any circumstances once we have confirmed the booking.
- Together and exclusively, you and your group of friends can live your dream of reaching the highest peak of Spain (3,718 m high)
- Access the crater with a special permit from the National Park
- Enjoy spectacular views of the park and the neighbouring Canary Islands
- Ascend and descend comfortably by cable car
- A minimum reservation for 2 people is required.
- Special permit from the Park is included so everyone in the group can complete the hike to Teide summit
- Discover all of the volcano’s secrets with your exclusive guide
- Cable Car ticket
- Transfer from the north and the south of the island
- Food, drinks
In case of discount tickets for children or local residents, a supporting document is required to prove entitlement to discount.
A minimum reservation for 2 people is required.
Changes and cancellations:
In the event that the trail to the summit is closed or the cable car cannot operate on the day of the excursion due to reasons beyond our control, adverse weather conditions or cable car failure, an alternative excursion* shall be arranged and the amount corresponding to the price of the cable car ticket shall be reimbursed.
Since this activity includes a permit to access the crater, we do not admit cancellations once the booking has been confirmed. This is due to the way the National Park’s permit issuing system works.
Check our Terms and conditions for information on other reasons for cancellation.
*ROQUES DE GARCÍA TRAIL
Los Roques are the remnants of an ancient volcano. It is an alignment of ditches, pitons and piles of various volcanic materials. It constitutes the division between the two semicalderas into which the vast caldera of Las Cañadas is divided.
This low-difficulty circular route with a maximum descent gradient of 215 m starts and ends at the viewpoint of La Ruleta. The group will walk around Los Roques on its first stretch through the northeastern caldera, then descend into the southwestern one.
During the two-and-a-half-hour activity, you will walk 3.5 km over volcanic landscape accompanied by your specialist guide every step of the way. Your expert guide will inform you, through your headphones, on every inch of this iconic, volcanic landscape, whose image used to appear on the now extinct 1,000 peseta notes, quenching your curiosity.
Teide Cable Car facilities are perfectly equipped, including a shop, a café and a waiting room with Wi-Fi, among others, so that you can enjoy while you stay here.
The base station
The base station is perfectly accessible by road and is located at 2,356 m above sea level.
Its modern facilities include two cars with a capacity of a maximum of 44 passengers. The cars take 8 minutes to reach the summit.
The views from the base station allow you to take in the spectacular peaks surrounding the Teide volcano.
The base station offers visitors a relaxation area, café and buffet restaurant with impressive views over Teide National Park as well as a souvenir shop and public toilets. This is also the perfect place to find out about the different routes and trails you can do from the upper station.
The upper station
The Teide Cable Car upper station is the starting point of three spectacular trails at the summit of Mount Teide , which are directly accessible from a small hall from where you can walk outside. It has Wi-Fi, toilets and the highest public telephone in all of Spain.
Although there is not a café in the upper station, we do offer vending machines for various snacks and drinks.
We recommend that you come prepared for all weather conditions since the upper station is at an altitude of 3,555 m.
Pick-up points and hours:
If your VIP hike to Teide and cable car package includes a transfer service, we will contact you to organise your pick up.
If you are making your own way here, the meeting point is at 9.15am in front of the shop ‘La Casa de los Balcones’, which is next to the cable car ticket office in the base station. Please meet your guide outside.
The Teide Cable Car base station has a free car park with 220 parking spaces, where you can park your vehicle between 8am and 6pm.
There is an information centre and a shop at the Teide Cable Car’s base station.
Restaurant / Café:
At the base station you can find a relaxation area, café and buffet restaurant with impressive views over Teide National Park.
There are public toilets at the Teide Cable Car’s base station.
Prepare for your hike:
To make the most of your exclusive hiking activity organised for you to ascend to the peak of Teide by cable car, please follow our recommendations:
- Wear warm, comfortable clothing and proper footwear.
- Due to the elevated luminosity, wear sunglasses.
- Take plenty of water on hikes.
Remember that since the Teide Cable Car facilities are located within a protected national park, you must follow a series of basic rules of civic behaviour and respect of the natural environment.
For this reason please do not litter or take rocks, plants or animals and do not camp, make fire or loud noises.
- Children under 6, pregnant women and people with heart problems cannot participate in this exclusive activity for private groups to hike up to the Teide summit with the Teide Cable Car due to the risk that high altitude poses to their health.
- The VIP ascent to the Peak by Cable Car is not recommended for people with reduced mobility or injuries.
- If any member of your group has health problems, they should consult with their doctors before undertaking this hike.
- The facilities at Teide Cable Car are not adapted to those with physical disabilities.
If you are in the northern part of the island
- Take the TF-21 motorway which connects La Orotava with El Portillo de la Villa and crosses the Teide National Park. The Cable Car is at km 43. (N28º 15' 17" W16º 37' 33")
- Take the TF-23 motorway from Boca de Tauce to Chío, which connects with TF-21.
- Titsa bus, Route 348 Puerto de La Cruz – Las Cañadas del Teide. Departure times: 9.15am from Puerto de la Cruz, with stops in La Orotava, Montaña Blanca (trail to the Altavista Mountain Refuge) and Teide Cable Car, and return from the Teide Cable Car departing at 4.00pm.
If you are in the southern part of the island
- Take the TF-21 motorway from Vilaflor to Teide National Park, the route of access for the tourist areas of Playa de Américas and Los Cristianos.
- Titsa bus (guagua), Route 342 Playa de Las Américas - Las Cañadas del Teide. Departure times: 9.15am from Las Américas, with stops in Los Cristianos (9.30am), Teide Cable Car and Montaña Blanca (ascent on foot to the Altavista Refuge). Return from the Teide Cable Car departing at 3.30pm.
If you are close to Santa Cruz or La Laguna.
- Take the TF-24 motorway from La Laguna to Portillo de la Villa (La Esperanza Motorway), which connects with TF-21 that will take you to the base station of the cable car at km 43.
Distances: Mt. Teide is approximately an hour’s drive from any point on the island.
- Santa Cruz: 64 km
- La Laguna: 55 km
- Puerto de la Cruz: 45 km
- Los Gigantes: 52 km
- Los Cristianos: 47 km