Teide Tour excursion to Teide National Park
If you want to enjoy the Teide National Park in all its glory, exploring the nooks and crannies of one of the world’s most visited national parks, the Teide Tour is a tour for you.
Throughout this 8-hour excursion to Teide you will enjoy more than spectacular volcanic landscapes.
Furthermore, on Teide Tour you will behold the volcanoes that caused the most recent eruptions in Tenerife. You will also learn how the Canary Islands were formed.
The Teide Tour excursion does not include lunch, but you will have enough free time to eat lunch.
Enjoy a visit of the Teide Observatory
Did you know that the world’s most important solar observatory is located in the Teide National Park?
Take our enjoyable 90-minute guided visit if you want to leave the National Park having seen the inside of a telescope, observed the Sun and learnt about astrophysics and the work of the researchers at the Teide Observatory.
- Discover Teide National Park and its striking landscapes
- A magnificent tour through mountain roads, typical Canary villages and breathtaking landscapes
- You will be accompanied by an official guide who will show you Teide National Park’s most iconic places
- An official guide
- Departure from the north and the south of the island
- Guided day visit of the Observatory
What's not included...
|La Chiripa Garden Hotel||9.25am||8.25am|
|Parque San Antonio Hotel||9.25am||8.25am|
|Noelia Playa Hotel||9.30am||8.30am|
|Dania Park Hotel||9.30am||8.30am|
|Black and Red (Concordia Hotel)||9.35am||8.35am|
|Titsa bus stop at Meliá intersection||9.40am||8.40am|
|TRYP Tenerife Princesa Dácil Hotel||7.50am||6.50am|
|Best Tenerife bus stop||8.00am||7.00am|
|Olé Tropical bus stop||8.05am||7.05am|
|Titsa bus stop at Las Dalias Hotel||8.05am||7.05am|
|Isla Bonita Hotel||8.15am||7.15am|
|Titsa bus stop at CC. El Duque (close to Costa Adeje Gran Hotel)||8.15am||7.15am|
|Jardines del Teide Hotel||8.20am||7.20am|
|Titsa bus stop Riu Arecas||8.20am||7.20am|
|El Mirador Hotel||8.20am||7.20am|
|Barrera Bahía del Duque||8.20am||7.20am|
|Titsa bus stop Avenida Playa Paraíso||8.35am||7.35am|
|Hiperdino - Roca Nivaria bus stop||8.40am||7.40am|
|Riu Buenavista Hotel||8.40am||7.40am|
You should be prepared for extremes in weather, both heat as well as cold, depending on the time of year in which you enjoy this trip to Teide.
- Wear warm clothing and proper footwear.
- Protect yourself from sunstroke.
- Due to the elevated luminosity, wear sunglasses.
- Take plenty of water on hikes.
Purchase of this service to visit the Teide Observatory implies that you have read and accepted all the points described in the following section:
RECOMMENDATIONS AND WARNINGS FOR VISITORS
We appreciate your interest in visiting the Teide Observatory (OT) and we hope that you enjoy your visit.
The Teide Observatory is not responsible for the difficulties or discomfort caused by not following these recommendations.
The arranged visits will only be carried out when the weather and the operating status of the telescopes permit. Due to adverse weather conditions, especially during winter, which may affect the safety of the roads leading to the Observatory (snow, ice, falling rocks) visits may be unexpectedly cancelled.
Before visiting us
Health and altitude
The Teide Observatory (TO) is located at an altitude of approximately 2,400 meters above sea level, an altitude at which oxygen diminishes. Groups will move about within the TO on gravel paths. For this reason, the visit is not recommended for people with general health problems (anaemia, breathing or heart problems, etc.). If you are not sure if you should visit, consult your doctor first.
The TO is not responsible for any health problems that can be caused by the altitude or by not following these recommendations and warnings.
The TO does not have medical assistance within its facilities.
Bear in mind that the closest hospital is approximately one and a half hours away by car.
If you show symptoms of dizziness, nausea, shortness of breath, ringing in your ears, plugged ears or headache during your visit, please let your guide know immediately.
- Protect yourself from the sun. It’s recommended that you use hats, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Due to the low levels of humidity that are common in the TO, come prepared with sufficient liquid (water or juices) to prevent dehydration.
- Bring comfortable clothes and adequate footwear (avoid sandals).
- Bring some warm clothes in case the weather changes abruptly and to enter the interior of the telescopes.
During the visit
What should I do when I arrive?
When you arrive at the TO, centre personnel will be waiting for you at the access gate to let you know what to do with the car or bus. Please always follow the instructions you receive.
Please do not forget to bring identification (ID card or passport) and a printout of your reservation to confirm access. If you are unable to produce identification and/or the booking confirmation, the TO/IAC does not guarantee your visit.
Warnings during the visit
For security reasons, proper operation and care of the environment, the TO asks you to closely follow the following rules during your visit:
- Due to time limits and visit schedule constraints, the time to use the toilet is before the visit starts. Please leave the toilet as clean as you found it!
- Please be respectful of the surroundings as the TO is located in a National Park. It is prohibited to:
- Smoke or drink
- Throw away rubbish except where indicated
- Leave the established paths.
- For your own safety, please remain with your assigned group at all times and follow the instructions given by the guide at all times.
- In case you are given suits or safety equipment in the facilities area, they should be properly used and cared for.
It is absolutely prohibited to leave the safety area or touch anything inside the buildings.
The guided visit of the Teide Observatory is not recommended for children under 8.
Please bear in mind that you must have a sufficient knowledge of the language in which the visit is held in order to be able to correctly follow the explanations of the guide.
In the event that the guided visit of the Observatory cannot be held due to adverse weather conditions, its cost shall be reimbursed.
In the event that weather conditions impede or hinder proper visibility of the stars through solar telescopes, we will visit another nocturnal telescope instead.
Check our Terms and conditions for detailed information on other reasons for cancellation.
Our facilities include public toilets.
In case of discount tickets for children or local residents, a supporting document is required to prove entitlement to discount.
Where to find us
Frequently asked questions
No, pets are not allowed.
Yes, it is included.
Yes. We will pick you up at a pick-up location and we will drop you off in the same spot.
No, it’s not necessary. You can download it and display it on the screen of any mobile device (phone, tablet, etc.).