Legend tells of an ancient Guanche princess who hurled herself off this mountain on learning that her beloved had died in the battle of Aguere. The princess was called Guajara and her name was given to the mountain that is home to this hiking trail through Teide National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Put on some suitable footwear, get ready for an adventure and set off on a 12-km trail that takes approximately 5 to 6 hours to complete (depending on your pace) and includes absolutely everything. Your guide will be with you at all times and tell you all about the landscape, plant life, volcanoes and history. About everything that makes this wonderful route on Guajara mountain one of the most magnificent trails in the National Park.
And on reaching the summit of Alto de Guajara, you’ll be met by 360⁰ views and the chance to enjoy Mount Teide in all its splendour: the peak, the ancient Pico Viejo volcano, Roques de García, the south of the island, the solar observatory and, if the weather permits, a sensational view of the islands of La Palma, La Gomera, El Hierro and Gran Canaria in the distance.
If you love hiking through nature, discovering the most unusual plants that grow on an island of wild and unspoilt features and learning fascinating facts that connect this mountain to the history of astronomy, then the Guajara hiking trail is for you.
- Hiking on Mount Teide along one of the most charismatic trails
- 360⁰ views of the entire National Park
- A trail of legends
- Approximately 5/6-hour hiking trail
- Route on Mount Guajara
- Mountain peak at an altitude of 2,715 metres
- Official National Park guide in Spanish, English and German
What's not included...
You can enjoy this hiking trail in Teide National Park every Wednesday at 9.00am; please make sure you are at the meeting point on time.
You should be prepared for extremes in weather, both heat as well as cold, depending on the time of year.
- Wear warm clothing and proper footwear.
- Protect yourself from sunstroke.
- Due to the elevated luminosity, wear sunglasses.
- Take plenty of water on hikes.
The Guajara trail is located within a protected national park and therefore we must follow a series of basic rules of civic behaviour and respect of the natural environment, such as not littering or taking rocks, plants or animals. Please remember that it is prohibited to make fire, loud noises or to camp.
- Children under 6, pregnant women and people with heart problems are not allowed to participate in this hiking activity on Mount Teide due to the risk that high altitude poses to their health.
- This route is not recommended for people with reduced mobility or injuries.
- If you have health problems, you should consult with your doctor before undertaking this hike.
- At least 5 participants are required for this activity to take place. The activity will be refunded if there aren’t enough participants.
- It is necessary to produce the booking confirmation, either printed or displayed on a mobile device.
- In the event that the access paths to Teide are cut off due to weather conditions, the activity will be postponed or cancelled.
- In the event that the trails are closed due to the weather or for safety reasons, you will be able to choose one of the following options:
- To change the date of the activity.
- To change to another activity in our catalogue and be refunded the difference in price between the activities.
- To request a full refund.
- Please bear in mind that in the event of the onset of poor weather conditions during the tour, the guide (who knows the conditions of the mountain) will decide whether to continue the tour or cancel it.
- It is possible to change the date of the activity, or cancel it and receive a full refund of the amount paid, before 7pm on the day prior to the activity. Same day or later changes/cancellations incur a charge of €6 per person.
- Date changes are valid for 1 year provided that the vouchers have not been redeemed. Any change of date or cancellation of the activity must be made within a period of no more than 30 days from the date of the initial booking. Up to 3 date changes are permitted.
Yes, at the meeting point.
Yes, in the Parador and the Teleférico del Teide Restaurant, 4.3 km from the Parador.
Yes, in the Parador and the Teide Cable Car facilities, 4.3 km from the Parador.
In case of tickets which include a discount for children, a supporting document is required to prove entitlement to discount.