Cable Car at sunset
Teide Cable Car for your private use at sunset
Imagine climbing the skies, 3,555m high, in an exclusive cable car, which isn’t accessible by the general public.
Imagine experiencing the impressive Cable Car at Sunset activity, where you can fly above craters and lava flows as the sun sets at the highest part of Spain.
Furthermore, Cable Car at Sunset will make you feel really special and privileged.
Because the Teide Cable Car will operate exclusively for your private group.
Your friends will be amazed by the photographs of Mount Teide and its views at this time of day, which you won’t stop sharing on your social networks!
Make a toast at sunset in the shadow of the volcano with the Teide Cable Car
Feel special and privileged at the highest point in Spain where you will make a toast while riding the Teide Cable Car at sunset.
Did you know that Tenerife’s Teide volcano is one of the best spots in the world to observe how the shadow of a mountain forms and evolves?
This is due to its height and the fact that the views from its summit extend to all horizons.
Long after the end of the Cable Car at Sunset activity you will still remember the spectacle of Teide’s shadow cast towards the island of Gran Canaria. It’s one of the most beautiful and spectacular moments that the volcano offers its visitors!
You will enjoy the unique experience that is the Cable Car at Sunset activity while sipping a glass of Canarian sparkling wine from the Altos de Trevejos winery, one of the highest bodegas in Spain.
An unforgettable sunset at Pico Viejo with the Teide Cable Car
The Cable Car at Sunset activity includes a guided tour along the spectacular trail to the Pico Viejo viewpoint.
This trail is a wonder in itself!
Because from the Pico Viejo trail, you will have the opportunity to see, in the distance, part of the lava poured during the eruptive process that took place on Mount Teide in 1798 and lasted three months!
The eruption of 1798 formed the “Teide’s Nostrils” or “Las Narices del Teide”, the craters which spewed out lava during that historical eruption and which are located on the western slopes of Pico Viejo.
On the Cable Car at Sunset tour, with the assistance of our guides, you will discover all of the volcanic wonders that surround this impressive trail to the Pico Viejo viewpoint. The trail and the surrounding scenery acquire a truly remarkable array of colours at sunset, which are unforgettable to visitors.
The spectacular sunset that you will enjoy at the end of the trail to the Pico Viejo viewpoint is the jewel in the crown of the Cable Car at Sunset activity.
If the weather permits, you will experience a unique view over the neighbouring islands of La Gomera, El Hierro and La Palma on the horizon, with the impressive Pico Viejo crater at your feet, which is 800 m in diameter and at one time, hosted an impressive lava lake.
Complete your Cable Car at Sunset activity with a guided tour of Teide National Park
If you have no doubts that the best moment to enjoy Teide National Park is when there’s nobody else left in the park;
If you wish to enjoy the volcanic landscapes you already know, but in a different light, at twilight, which will make Europe’s most visited National Park surprise you again;
If you’re curious about the secrets that the Teide National Park’s volcanic formations hold, and about the history of the formation of the Canary Islands...
Sign up for our 5,5-hour Sunset Tour including both transportation and the service of a guide, during which we will let you enjoy the National Park in the late afternoon and will take you by cable car up to the summit to make a toast to an incredibly beautiful sunset.
Complete your Cable Car at Sunset activity with dinner and astronomical observation on Mount Teide
If you already know that you won’t want the evening to end after living this volcanic experience;
If you like tasting local cuisine of the places you visit and you have a gourmet palate, our suggestion to extend your Cable Car at Sunset activity includes a dinner menu designed by Erlantz Gorostiza, a renowned chef awarded 2 Michelin stars.
If the stars, constellations, planets and the entire Universe fascinate you, with our proposal, you will conduct observations of the night sky using long range telescopes and enjoy the explanations, provided by our Starlight guides, of the starry sky over Mount Teide, from where it is possible to see 83 of the 88 existing constellations.
There is a Sunset and stars on Teide waiting for you.
- Ascend by Cable Car to an altitude of 3,555 m. It will operate only for you and your accompanying persons
- Prepare to be astounded by the show of Teide’s shadow cast onto the sea, while sipping a glass of wine
- Marvel at the magnificent sunset from the Pico Viejo viewpoint while spotting the islands of La Gomera, La Palma and El Hierro on the horizon
- Teide Cable Car return ticket, private ride for a maximum of 90 people, divided into different language groups
- A glass of Canarian sparkling wine from the Altos de Trevejos winery, one of the highest bodegas in Spain.
- Astronomical observation
In case of discount tickets for children or local residents, a supporting document is required to prove entitlement to discount.
Changes and cancellations:
- In the event that weather conditions impede the operation of the cable car, we will give you a refund of the price of the Teide cable car return ticket at the following rates: €27.00 if you are not a resident of the Canary Islands, or €13.50 if you are a resident.
- In the event that, once you have booked Cable Car at Sunset, you wish to cancel the entire activity (Cable Car + Sunset in the company of a guide + glass of sparkling wine), we will give you a full refund of the amount paid for the activity.
- Check our Terms and conditions for information on other reasons for cancellation.
The start time of the Cable Car at Sunset activity depends on the time at which the sun sets, which varies throughout the year.
Therefore, the meeting point is at the Teide Cable Car base station at the following hours:
APRIL 2017 (at the Teide Observatory)
7.15pm from 1st to 13th
7.30pm from 14th to 30th
MAY 2017 (at the Teide Observatory)
7.30pm from 1st to 7th
7.45pm from 8th to 31st
7.45pm from 1st to 4th (at the Teide Observatory)
WEDNESDAY from 5th to 29th (at the Teide Observatory on Wednesday 7th)
FRIDAY from 9th to 30th
7.30pm from 3rd to 25th
7.15pm from 26th to 31st
7.15pm from 1st to 15th
7.00pm from 16th to 29th
6.45pm from 30th to 31st
6.15pm Friday 29th
6.30pm Fridays 15th and 22nd
6.45pm Fridays 1st and
8th, Wednesday 27th
7.00pm Wednesdays 13th and 20th
7.15pm Mondays 4th and 11th, Wednesday 6th
6.00pm Fridays 13th and 20th
6.15pm Friday 6th, Wednesday 25th
6.30pm Wednesdays 11th and 18th
6.45pm Wednesday 4th and Friday 27th
5.15pm from 1st to 12th
5.00pm from 13th to 30th
5.00pm from 1st to 21st
5.15pm from 22nd to 31st
The Teide Cable Car base station has a free car park with 220 parking spaces.
The Teide Cable Car base station’s facilities include an information centre and a shop.
There are public toilets at the Teide Cable Car’s base station.
Prepare for your visit:
In order to enjoy the Cable Car at Sunset activity, remember that you must be prepared for extremely cold conditions, regardless of the time of year, as even in summer, during the sunset on Mount Teide, the temperatures are low at this altitude.
This is why we recommend that you:
- Wear warm clothing and proper footwear.
- Due to the elevated luminosity, wear sunglasses.
- Take plenty of water on hikes.
Cable Car at Sunset includes a 40-minute walk both ways of medium-low difficulty, therefore you must be in good physical shape.
- Since the Cable Car at Sunset activity includes a Teide Cable Car ride, it is not recommended for people with heart problems, or pregnant women due to the risk that high altitude poses to their health. In such cases, we recommend that you consult with your doctor before planning your visit.
- Children under 8 cannot participate in this activity to watch the sunset from Mount Teide with the Cable Car.
IT IS NECESSARY TO BRING A PRINTOUT OF THE BOOKING CONFIRMATION
Street: TF-I motorway, km 40.2 - Teide National Park
Postal code: 38300 Municipality: La Orotava
Teide Cable Car is well connected by roads, and can be easily reached from any point of the island of Tenerife.
If you are in the northern part of the island:
- Take the TF-21 motorway which connects La Orotava with El Portillo de la Villa and crosses the Teide National Park. The Cable Car is at km 43. (N28º 15' 17" W16º 37' 33")
- Take the TF-23 motorway from Boca de Tauce to Chío, which connects with TF-21.
If you are in the southern part of the island:
- Take the TF-21 motorway from Vilaflor to Teide National Park, the route of access for the tourist areas of Playa de Américas and Los Cristianos.
If you are close to Santa Cruz or La Laguna.
- Take the TF-24 motorway from La Laguna to Portillo de la Villa (La Esperanza Motorway), which connects with TF-21 that will take you to the base station of the cable car at km 43.
Distances: Mt. Teide is approximately an hour’s drive from any point on the island.
- Santa Cruz: 64 km
- La Laguna: 55 km
- Puerto de la Cruz: 45 km
- Los Gigantes: 52 km
- Los Cristianos: 47 km