Visit the capital of the island on board the Santa Cruz de Tenerife tourist bus and have a great time learning about the city while listening to your Santa Cruz audio guide which is included in the ticket.
Hop on and hop off at any of the 15 stops on the route of the Santa Cruz City View to discover some of the Tenerife capital’s main points of interest on foot, and enjoy the tour on board a double-decker tourist bus with an open-top deck which offers you the best panoramic view of Santa Cruz. You choose where you want to stop and for how long. With this tourist bus ticket you can hop on and hop off as frequently as you like.
In addition, by purchasing your tickets for the Santa Cruz de Tenerife City View tourist bus you will be able to visit the Palmetum botanical garden and La Casa del Carnaval, the carnival museum, for free. You will also receive discounts at the Museum of Nature and Man and the Adán Martín Auditorium so that you can enjoy some of the stops on the route of this tourist bus even more.
The 15 stops on the route of the Santa Cruz tourist bus
The City View tourist bus in the capital of Tenerife has 15 interesting stops at which you can hop on and hop off at your leisure to continue discovering Santa Cruz de Tenerife on foot.
- (1) Plaza de España (departure point)
- (2) Santa Cruz de Tenerife cruise terminal (for cruise passengers)
- (3) Avenida Francisco La Roche
- (4) Museo Histórico Militar (Military History Museum)
- (5) Parque García Sanabria (García Sanabria’s Park)
- (6) Méndez Núñez
- (7) Plaza de los Patos (Los Patos Square)
- (8) Plaza de Pedro Schwartz (Pedro Schwartz Square)
- (9) Avenida Tres de Mayo
- (10) Palmetum and Adán Martín Auditorium
- (11) El Corte Inglés
- (12) Intercambiador de guaguas (Bus Interchange)
- (13) Mercado de Nuestra Señora de África (Our Lady of Africa Market)
- (14) Museo de la Naturaleza y el Hombre (Museum of Nature and Man)
- (15) La Casa del Carnaval (The Carnival Museum)
Santa Cruz de Tenerife tourist bus running times
The Santa Cruz tourist bus runs every day of the week. The first tourist bus leaves Plaza de España at 9.30am and the last one leaves the same location at 6.30pm. If you hop on the last bus of the day, you will have an hour to do the whole route.
From 1st September to 31st May, the tourist bus runs every 20 minutes. From 1st June to 31st August, the tourist bus runs at a frequency of 30 minutes.
With 15 stops and such a fantastic frequency, the tourist bus is one of the best ways to discover the capital of Tenerife at your leisure.
Deals included in the tickets for City View, the Santa Cruz tourist bus
The purchase of tickets for the tourist bus includes free admission to Palmetum, the botanical garden in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, which is dedicated mainly to palm trees. Hop off at stop no. 10 on the route of the tourist bus and enjoy the careful selection of palm trees in this spectacular place.
Your Santa Cruz tourist bus tickets also include a 20% discount on guided tours of the Adán Martín Auditorium, designed by the renowned Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava and situated on the ocean front. Your tourist bus tickets also include a 10% discount in the cafeteria at the Auditorium. Take advantage of these discounts at stop no. 10 on the route of the Santa Cruz City View.
Visit the Museum of Nature and Man with a 40% discount by presenting your tourist bus tickets at the entrance to the Museum. Hop off at stop no. 14 and visit the Guanche mummies inside this modern museum dedicated to the transmission of knowledge about the Canary Islands’ important archaeological and natural heritage.
Your tourist bus tickets also include a guided walking tour around the centre of Santa Cruz and the entrance ticket to the Military History Museum.
With City View you are also granted free access to La Casa del Carnaval, the interpretation centre of the Carnival in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, which is one of the best carnivals in the world. Hop off at stop no. 15 to learn more about the heritage of this Tenerife festival.
- Discover Santa Cruz de Tenerife in an enjoyable way on board a tourist bus
- Hop on and hop off at any of the existing stops
- The buses run from 9.30am to 6.30pm at a 20-30 minute frequency, depending on the season
- This tour is particularly recommended for cruise passengers
- A tour of Santa Cruz de Tenerife on board an open-top tourist bus
- 15 stops at which you can hop on and hop off to explore the city at your leisure
- Audio guide available in 14 languages
- Discounts and free visits
The Santa Cruz de Tenerife tourist bus runs every day of the week from 9.30am.
First departure of the tourist bus: 9.30am
Last departure of the tourist bus: 6.30pm
Santa Cruz tourist bus running frequency
Season from 01.09 to 31.05: every 20 minutes
Season from 01.06 to 31.08: every 30 minutes
No animals except guide dogs are allowed on board the Santa Cruz tourist bus.
It is necessary to present the booking confirmation and to keep it throughout the tourist bus tour. If you lose it you may not be able to continue using the service.
In order to benefit from the discounts and free entrance tickets offered by City View you must redeem our voucher for a City View ticket at the Plaza de España point of sale or, otherwise, on any of the tourist buses.
You can change the date of your tickets for the Santa Cruz tourist bus or cancel them free of charge up to 24 hours in advance.
Where to find us
Street: Plaza de España
Postal code: 38003 Municipality: Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Getting to Santa Cruz de Tenerife by car
- From the north: via the TF-5 motorway
- From the south: via the TF-1 motorway
Getting to the Santa Cruz bus interchange using Titsa public transport
- From La Laguna: route 015
- From Puerto de La Cruz: route 103
- From Costa Adeje: route 110
At the bus interchange—stop no. 12—you can get on board the Santa Cruz tourist bus.