Teide Tour from Santa Cruz
Throughout this 5-hour Teide Tour from Santa Cruz you will enjoy the volcanic side of the island during your cruise’s stop in Tenerife.
A tour to Teide National Park from Santa Cruz for cruise passengers
Cruises are the best!
High sea, fun on board and stops at different geographical points to make the most of each destination in record time.
You know that Tenerife is so much more than just sun and beaches.
Which is why, on your cruise with a stop in the port of Santa Cruz, you have but one choice: to get to know Europe’s most visited national park in a single day, on a tour that allows you to arrive in time before your cruise sets sail for new and exciting destinations.
On the Teide Tour from Santa Cruz you will enjoy the heart of Tenerife, the Teide National Park, during 5 intense hours full of pure volcanic emotions.
You know that what you really want to live during your cruise’s stop in Tenerife is an unforgettable experience.
On the Teide Tour from Santa Cruz you will behold the volcanoes that caused the most recent eruptions on this friendly island. You will also learn the history of the Canary Archipelago and how the Canary Islands were formed.
The Teide Tour from Santa Cruz does not include a meal; however, you will have some free time to eat and regain your energy to continue discovering the Teide and Tenerife in record time.
Complete your trip to Teide from Santa Cruz with a cable car ride
You already know that you don’t want to return to the port of Santa Cruz without having seen the spectacular views of Tenerife and some of the neighbouring islands that the Teide offers from Spain’s highest peak, at 3,718 m.
The quickest way to make your dream come true before setting sail for your next destination is using the Teide Cable Car.
Once you are at an altitude of 3,555 m, you will be able to choose which views you want to take in.
Stay at the viewpoint of La Rambleta to behold the Seven Cañadas and the Ucanca Valley.
Or walk one the three trails that start from the Teide Cable Car’s upper station:
- La Fortaleza trail to enjoy the views of the northern part of Tenerife
- The trail to the viewpoint of Pico Viejo to behold the views of the southern part of Tenerife and spot the neighbouring islands of La Gomera, El Hierro and La Palma on the horizon, with the impressive Montaña Chahorra crater, which is 800 m in diameter, at your feet.
- The Telesforo Bravo trail to the crater of Mt. Teide; to access the crater you will need to apply in advance for a special permit issued by the Teide National Park administration.
- Discover the impressive Teide National Park during your cruise
- A magnificent tour through mountain roads, typical Canary villages and unparalleled landscapes; the perfect option to spend a day in Tenerife
- You will be accompanied by an official guide who will show you the Teide National Park’s most iconic places
- Transport from Santa Cruz
- An official guide
- Teide Cable Car ticket (optional)
In case of discount tickets for children or local residents, a supporting document is required to prove entitlement to discount.
Changes and cancellations:
If you have booked your Teide Tour from Santa Cruz with a cable car ride included, the price of the cable car ticket shall be reimbursed in the event that the cable car cannot be used due to adverse weather conditions.
Check our Terms and conditions for information on other reasons for cancellation.
Pick-up points and hours:
The base station’s facilities include an information centre and a shop.
There are public toilets at the Teide Cable Car’s base station.
If you are going to use the cable car on your Teide Tour from Santa Cruz, remember that people with heart problems, pregnant women, and children under 2 cannot ascend by cable car due to the risk that high altitude poses to their health.
Prepare for your visit:
To make the most of your Teide Tour from Santa Cruz, you should be prepared for extremes in weather, both heat as well as cold, depending on the time of year.
- Wear warm clothing and proper footwear.
- Protect yourself from sunstroke.
- Due to the elevated luminosity, wear sunglasses.
- Take plenty of water on hikes.